Sunday, February 15, 2015

Easy Beef Stroganoff


This is a take on classic beef stroganoff. My family enjoyed it, hopefully yours will too!

INGREDIENTS



1 pound ground beef (lowest fat content you can find, I used 85/15, that was all my local store had)
1/2 sweet onion, diced into fairly large pieces
10 oz sliced mushrooms
2 cans of Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 box of fettuccine   

1. Start by sautéing your onions and mushrooms in a skillet, while browning your meat in another pan. (This is because we do not want the fat from the meat in the finished meal.)



2. Once your meat has finished browning, drain the grease from the pan. If your mushrooms and onions are almost finished, go ahead and add the meat to the mixture.



3. Start your pasta water. Once the water is boiling, add your pasta.

4. While waiting for the water to boil, add both cans of soup to the meat, onion and mushrooms. DO NOT add any water.



5. Combine thoroughly, and put on low heat to simmer until pasta is done cooking. 

6. Add some pasta to your plate and the mixture on top and enjoy!



I do not normally use ground beef for my meals, as I try to limit my intake of red meat. However, sometimes there are foods that just taste better with ground beef and this is one of them.

If you decide to try this meal, please let me know in the comments below. 

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment