Sunday, February 22, 2015

What I Am Giving Up For Lent 2015

As a Catholic, I honor Lent each year and do my best to give up something that could be considered a 'bad habit.' Now, this post is not to debate religious beliefs, nor for me to preach. I am simply giving up something that is an unhealthy habit for me, and Lent is the reason why.

Last year I decided to give up chocolate, and I did really well. I passed on many desserts and treats. The only drawback was that I had to pass on some dishes that had chocolate in them, like a chili that everyone enjoyed at a cook off.

This year I decided to change it up a little bit. I decided to give up candy and ice cream. Yes, ice cream. I drink chocolate Shakeology every morning, so giving up chocolate was not really an option unless I wanted to order another bag of Shakeology and pay for it. But last year, I found myself substituting other candies, like Twizzlers, for the chocolate I gave up. I also LOVE ice cream and probably eat too much, so by giving it up for a month and a half, I can hopefully cut back my ice cream intake as we go into summer.

Have you decided to give anything up for Lent? Please let me know below, and why you decided to give up what you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment