Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year's Resolution #2 - Be More Active

So far in 2014 I have been making a conscious effort to eat healthier food and so far I've been pretty successful. Last night I waited for my chicken to bake in the oven instead of making a pot of Ramen noodles.
 
My second New Year's Resolution is to be more active. I find that this may be more challenging. Not because I don't want to, because I do. But because of this tiny little thing called time. It seems to escape me.
 
That's not an excuse, only a situation in which I need to work around.
 
1. Wake up earlier to get some sort of activity done, whether it be yoga or walking.
 
2. Find ways to incorporate some sort of activity into my evenings, like doing crunches and push ups during TV shows.
 
3. Avoid sitting down when I get home. I know you're not supposed to eat standing up, but lately it seems once I sit down, that's how I remain. Just keep moving.
 
4. Walk the dogs. They need to be walked just as much as I need to walk. This is a win-win for both of us.
 
This is obviously not the most detailed of fitness plans. Heck, it's not even close to a plan. But it is a mental list of ways I can at least start to be more active. Baby steps people, baby steps.
 
 
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment