Sunday, December 28, 2014

Emotional Unloading

When I first started this blog at the end of last year, I intended for it to chronicle my journey to better health and fitness. I also wanted to be able to share recipes, tips and other information that I came across and found useful.

I have failed miserably. Not only do I not post on even a somewhat consistent basis, but I don't do a good job of taking pictures to even share anything with readers. Sad face.

With all that said, I think my greatest obstacle to achieving these goals of better health and fitness AND documenting it has been such a mental struggle. I often feel overwhelmed with life, unorganized and stressed to the maximum. I've felt this way so much since I've had my son. It's partly because having a child and being a single mom makes it hard to get stuff done. Also, I have a horrible relationship with his father, it's a tale of two extremes. We either get along great and try to make things work between us, or he hates me and lets his anger towards me affect his parenting. Very emotionally draining. To add to the frustration, due to my financial state, we are currently living with my mother, which presents a slew of other issues. Two grown women are not meant to live together. 

The struggle is real to reverse my mindset. All these things working against me, but if I could focus on what needs to be done, none of my problems will be an issue anymore. 

I have purchased quite the collection of self-help, motivational books. BUT I find it's difficult to read them. When I finally have the time, I don't have the focus to let what I'm reading sink in.

I'm hoping that by getting all of this off my chest and really asking my family for the support that I need and encouragement I need, I can get my life together and be a healthy, happy, successful mother to my little guy. And in the end, that's all that matters; that I am the best mother I can possibly to my son. 

Thank you for reading this, I hope to post with much more frequency soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment