Monday, July 21, 2014

Protein Pancakes

I took my first stab at making protein pancakes yesterday for breakfast. Now, I know there are a lot of different recipes, some more complicated than others with more ingredients. I made mine fairly simply, using just a few ingredients I always keep in my kitchen

 

3/4 c. ground oats ( I just put a cup or so into my Ninja blender and made it into a powder

3/4 c. egg whites

1 T. ground flax seed (not necessary)

1T. cinnamon (not necessary)

1/4 c. water

I mixed all the ingredients in a bowl, and after my pan had been heating for a little bit at medium heat, I sprayed it with canola oil spray. Once the oil was warm, I poured the batter into the pan and cooked it like a normal pancake.

Once it was done, I took it out and topped it with peanut butter. But I'm sure it would have tasted good with syrup as well.
 

 
Now, this being the first time I've made this, I learned a couple things:

1. As long as the dry and wet ingredients are equal, you can make as much or little as you want.

2. It's a bit more dense than a normal pancake, but good. Next time I may experiment with vanilla extract.

3. Other than the grounding of the oats and flax seed, it was really simple to put together.

I definitely think I will be making this again, possibly for my pancake loving prince. (Hopefully he won't realize that it's good for him!

What new recipes have you tried out lately?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment